Thursday, January 1, 2009

by the river...

done reading paulo coelho’s “by the river piedra i sat down and wept”…

a poetic story that reflects the depth of love and life…

it was a good novel indeed… i rated it with four shining stars… hehehe…

you must read it too guys…

here are some of the good lines that i quoted from the novel…

hope you’d like it too!!!

~~~ God is wherever we allow Him to enter…

~~~ And with love, there are no rules

~~~ The heart decides, and what it decides is all that really matters…

~~~ True love is an act of total surrender…

~~~ To love is to be in communication with the other and to discover in that other the spark of God…

~~~ ” You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen”

~~~ Pitiful is the person who is afraid of taking risks…

~~~ ” I can read your eyes. I can read your heart. You are going to fall in love. And suffer.”

~~~ ” The wise are only wise because they love. And foolish are foolish only because they think they can understand love.”

~~~ Anyone who can conquer her heart can conquer the world…

~~~ To love is to lose control..

~~~ ” No, no, I cannot allow such a crack to form. No matter how small.”

~~~ Love is a trap. When it appears, we see only its light not its shadows…

~~~ Don’t just fall into playing a role…

~~~ ” I knew he was going to turn my world upside down. My brain warned me, but my heart didn’t want to take it’s advice.”

~~~ ” I admire you. And I admire the battle you’re waging with your heart.”

~~~ ” There are some things in life that are worth fighting for to the end. You are worth it.”

~~~ A fall from the third floor hurts as much as a fall from the hundredth…

~~~ May the love grow in me and in the man to whom it is dedicated…

~~~ Love doesn’t ask many questions, because if we stop to think we become fearful. It’s an explicable fear; it’s difficult to describe it. Maybe it’s the fear of being scorned, of not being accepted, or of breaking the magic spell. It’s ridiculous but that’s the way it is…

~~~ The fate of mountains is terrible. They are destined to look out at the same scene forever…

~~~ You already have my heart…♥♥♥

~~~ Fortunate are those who take the first steps…

~~~ ” Thank you, Lord because I was a lost sheep and you brought me back. Because my life as dead, and you revived it. Because love wasn’t alive in my heart and you gave me back that gift.”

~~~ Love existed before and will go on forever…

~~~ Dreams mean work…

No comments:

Post a Comment